Saturday, August 28, 2010

Visa applications sent!

Boyfriend and I both mailed off our visa applications yesterday. Time to cross our fingers and wait. We then celebrated with Wawa hoagies. Mmmmmm.

In other news, there really isn't a better way to put your relationship under a microscope quite like making plans to move to another country with someone. I miss my cat. I miss my apartment and my space. I miss all of the things I threw away in a spastic moving-day meltdown. But they're all really just THINGS, and I'll get over it and be just fine.

Anyways, as I was saying, I've been so hypercritical of our relationship lately. I ask for reaffirmation over and over that he wants me to come, as if I'm going to crack a secret code and he will unwittingly admit that no, he doesn't want me there. After I get that out of my system, I move on to "what if we hate each other when we get there?" We won't have friends or family nearby and even though it's a new country, that sounds so lonely and somewhat stifling. I think I'm worrying too much.

For now, I should still be focusing my anxiety on getting my visa and NI number, securing a bank account, and finding a place to live. The other stuff will be okay. And if it's not, I'm in EUROPE. I'll take a $30 flight to Prague or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment